Friday, April 26, 2013

Watami

What brought me to Watami at Glorietta was the voucher for Shrimp Irodori Sushi (PHP195) from the Bistro Club privilege card. It was good especially because it was free.

Shrimp Irodori Sushi
I ordered Pepper Beef Rice in Stone Pot (PHP190) to see how it compares with what I consider comfort food, Beef Pepper Rice from Pepper Lunch. I think I would stick with the latter as far as pepper rice goes. Watami's version lacked beef and was bland, I felt it was missing an ingredient. The rice also tended to stick to the pot and got burned in the process.

Pepper Beef Rice in Stone Pot
 A can of Coke Light cost me PHP75.

I was impressed with the ambiance and the service although the lady promoting the Premiere card was a little pushy.

I would like to try the other items on the menu because they look good in pictures and in other diners' tables and because the prices seem reasonable.

PS. My bill was discounted by 20% because of the Bistro Club card. I'm not sure about upgrading to the Premiere though because they change rules every year.


No comments: