Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tropical Hut

As a kid, I always looked forward to trips to the metro because it meant going to my favorite restaurants. Tropical Hut was one of them. My favorite then was the Rancho Ranchero.

As I got older, moved to the metro, I've discovered more restaurants which serve burger and somehow, trips to Tropical Hut became less and less frequent.

My latest trip to Tropical Hut was prompted by a discount at a group buying site. The Classic Cheeseburger was as I remember it, tender and juicy beef patty in a soft bun. The thick cut fries were impressive as they were crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside.

The Tropical Hut branch in Shaw Blvd. corner Pioneer St. has seen better days and would probably benefit from some renovation. While we've visited the branch a few times in the past, we haven't visited recently because a member of our group got turned off by some odor which only he was able to detect anyway. I didn't notice any during my visits. Service wise, I appreciate the crew's attitude towards its customers. I did notice, though, that it took a while for tables to be bussed. I think they shoukd improve on this as messy tables are a turn off.

No comments: