Monday, July 1, 2013

Kebabers

I've been to Kebabers Kapitolyo 3 times already, with my last 2 visits just 8 hrs or so apart.

My first visit was to buy some food for take out. The crew were very helpful introducing me to the menu. I ordered the Cheese Kebab Meal, chicken and beef in particular. While I enjoyed the combination of the kebab, rice, grilled tomato and garlic sauce, another said she didn't like the smell of the food at all. Middle Eastern inspired cuisine is definitely not for everyone.

Late lunch was the reason for my second visit. As I debated aloud whether to get chicken or beef for the 2 piece cheese kebab, the server suggested me to get one of each. I didn't know that was possible. I enjoyed my meal and still couldn't decide which one's better as both the chicken and beef were good. They were out of diet soda during my visit but they allowed me to buy one from the 7-11 next door.

My last visit was on the same day as we needed a rest stop. We ordered finger food as we were all still full. The twisted fries were ordinary but the chili fingers were interesting. The Beef Pichos are not typical nachos as the chips are deep fried. It was good. While in my previous visits I met some delightful staff, this time around the person at the counter seemed irritated and couldn't even spare a smile. Maybe it was because this was during their last hour of operation. Still, I don't think that's a valid excuse for bad behavior.

No comments: